Letter of Access management
The European chemicals legislation REACH requires chemical substances that are placed on the EU market to be registered with the chemicals agency ECHA; and pursues the principle “one substance, one registration”.
All registrants of the same substance are obliged to the Joint Submission and must use the same data to avoid unnecessary animal testing.
The access right to the data for the participants in the Joint Submission is regulated via the so-called “Letter of Access” (LoA). By signing the Joint Submission Agreement, the co-registrant agrees to contribute to the total cost of registering a particular substance. These costs consist of the data, dossier and administrative costs and are reflected in the LoA fee. After payment of the LoA fee, the co-registrant receives the agreed files necessary for registration, the token allowing him to access the Joint Submission and the LoA document certifying the data access rights.
For more than ten years, we have been supporting consortia and lead registrants in the implementation of an efficient Letter of Access management system and are at your disposal as a competent partner with the following services:
- Communication with potential and existing co-registrants
- Create and update Joint Submission Agreements
- Calculation of LoA fees
- Issuing of LoA documents and sending the files required for registration to co-registrants (basic IUCLID, CSR, and token)
- Documentation and required data updates
- Management of LoA fees on trustee accounts
- Recalculation and processing of reimbursements or additional charges