Management of consortia
The REACH Regulation, which came into force in 2007, regulates the registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals in the EU.
For this purpose, substance-related data from animal studies are required amongst others. In order to keep the number of studies as low as possible and thus protect animal welfare, there is an obligation to exchange existing data.
Other chemicals legislation introduced worldwide also includes the aspect of data sharing. The provision and sharing of data between competitors requires a high degree of administration and confidentiality. In order to simplify this process, several companies of the chemical industry that manufacture or distribute the same substances form a consortium and usually commission an external consortium manager to act as an independent party.
The latter is responsible for the central control of secretarial, fiduciary and financial activities so that the flow of information between all members of the consortium is always guaranteed and competition law can be complied with.
As an experienced consortium manager for REACH and biocide consortia, we offer you the following services:
- Preparation and management of consortium documents and contracts
- Organisation and management of consortium meetings/telephone conferences
- Joint Submission registrant communication and response to inquiries
- Data archiving
- Comprehensive Letter of Access (LoA) and data management via our online LoA Shop
- Trustee account management via our partner company Projacon
- Cost sharing and calculation of consortium fees
- Budget monitoring
- Calculation and invoicing of Letter of Access and License to Use fees
- Recalculation and processing of reimbursements to co-registrants / data owners / beneficiaries
- Study commissioning and monitoring
- The preparation of the documents required for registration (IUCLID dossier, CSR, eSDS) can be provided by our parent company Chemservice.